Doc Appt tomorrow. Ugh!
Took tomorrow off and scheduled an appointment with my doc in the morning. It’s long overdue. I haven’t had a physical or bloodwork in a few years. Not smart. I was focused on taking care of others, work, handled stress with food, gained weight - and really avoided my doc even more. I’m working on taking better care of my health, and this appointment is the first step on my list.
I’m super nervous about tomorrow morning. I have a lot of anxiety with medical appointments anyway. Just want to get it over with. Then after this is out of the way, next on the list - dentist.
There’s something so comforting and healing in a rainy day with nowhere to go, a flickering candle, a cup of coffee, and just my quiet thoughts.
Thank you thank you so much Tumblr pals for your support! I am so excited to actually be actively working on our exit plan for moving to Seattle! It’s going to be such a HUGE life change and scary too, so I can’t thank you all enough for your support! ((((SquishyTumblrHugs)))) :-)
Cleaning and purging - Exit Plan for 6/16/16 - The Beginning!
So our exit plan to move to Seattle is in action. It begins with the process of cleaning and emptying out our house and getting ready to sell it. Starting one room at a time.
Where in the world did we get all this crap? Why are our closets and basement stuffed with crap that never even sees the light of day, much less gets used? Once we get rid of all this stuff I swear on all that is holy we’ll never accumulate so much useless junk we don’t need. Ever again. (Actually part of our plan for living in the Seattle area is a much more downsized/minimalist lifestyle. More about that to come in future blog posts.)
So, back to the exit plan. Projected moving date of June 16, 2016. It just seemed more real to set a date. It’s a hugely daunting task to plan a move from Michigan to Washington State after living here for 25 years. I’m so excited and restless and ready and worried. But I can’t wait until moving day.
The Exit Plan:
- Get the house ready to sell.
- Downsize, downsize, downsize.
- List the house.
- Sell the house. (Dear Lord, please let the house sell quickly.)
- Rent a small house or apartment here with rent about half the amount of our current mortgage. Sock away the difference for the move, and do everything else possible to cut our spending and save for the move.
- Try not to worry so much. Try to hold on to hope that we can make this happen.
- Close to moving date - Start actively seeking jobs and an apartment in the Seattle area. (Realize that hubby or I may find a job there first and have to relocate alone, and stay flexible with the plan. Aaaaah scary!) Sell and/or give away everything we own in Michigan except what will fit in the car or small things that can be shipped in boxes. Not taking any furniture or big things. Buying new stuff in our new city.
- Really close to moving date - wrap up loose ends, give notice at jobs in Michigan, say our goodbyes.
- June 16, 2016 - moving day - pack the car and hit the road. Whether we have jobs lined up or not, we’re going.
I am so ready, friends. Two years seems like so long to wait…yet we have so much to do to get ready that it feels completely overwhelming and worrisome. I will be posting more about our exit plan as we make progress. My list will get much more detailed as our moving date gets closer. I’m happy to take any and all advice from anyone who has made a cross-country move or a big life change like this. Or I’m happy to just hear from anyone who is interested or has anything to say about it. My heart is there, but I have a lot of worries too. My biggest worry is making sure my kids are okay.
In the meantime…cleaning and purging this house. Ugh.